Start your career with Pacific Hoists!
Pacific Hoists New Zealand
Junior Service Technician – Reporting to the Service Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Service Technician within Pacific Hoists New Zealand! We are seeking an enthusiastic and engaged individual to become a key player in the technical assembly and service of our ranges of lifting equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for fixing and repairing technical equipment, strong problem-solving skills and good communication abilities.
This role is extremely important in the running of our day-to-day operation and will involve assisting and managing the flow of equipment, repairs and stock throughout the warehouse during the operational week and the items may involve assembly, customisation or programming prior to shipping. A basic understanding of electrical and mechanical knowledge is required.
In the Junior Service Technician’s role your skills and expertise with electrical, pneumatic lifting equipment will be developed via “on-the-job training” and attendance to external training courses. A clear career progression with defined training and responsibility will be provided.
- Prepare & test electric hoists and trolleys for dispatch including custom set-ups
- Wiring and programming radio remote controls
- Perform routine re-chaining /testing /inspection of manual chain & lever blocks and other material handling equipment
- Diagnose and repair both manual chain & lever blocks, electrical & pneumatic hoists
- Receipt incoming & outgoing stock orders and assist with general warehouse operations
- Manifesting orders and loading orders for picking
- Assist with claims for faulty products and reorder when required
- Be aware of and comply with OSH and company health and safety requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Physically fit with the ability to lift – with assistance – heavy items
- A working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation
- Valid driver license & forklift license (counterbalance) an advantage
- Opportunity to grow within the business
- Work in a fast paced, exciting environment
- Join a growing international business
- Workshop based no travel requirements
- Family friendly organisation
- No overtime (7:30-4:00, Monday-Friday)
If you are self-motivated with a positive attitude, open to adapt and learn new information in a timely manner and a great team-player then you will fit right in!
If the above reflects you and you can meet the requirements and are interested in having a career with Pacific Hoists NZ please submit your resume and covering letter for consideration.
Email email@example.com with your CV today!