JDN & Vegas High Roller Observation Wheel
Entertainment is redefining the iconic Las Vegas skyline with the LINQ, an open-air retail, dining, and entertainment district, anchored by the world’s tallest observation wheel, known as the High Roller.
Located at the heart of the world famous Las Vegas Strip, the LINQ’s High Roller observation wheel will be the focal point of the unique urban entertainment district.
Topping out at 550 feet, the High Roller will eclipse both the London Eye and Singapore Flyer. Facing north and south (parallel to Las Vegas Boulevard), the wheel will feature 28 glass-enclosed cabins that will unveil broad views of the famed resort city in the 30 minutes it takes to complete one full revolution.
The construction is under way using three J.D. Neuhaus 50 Ton Profi Series air hoists to position each of the temporary 40 ton Radial Struts (“spokes”) into place. The LINQ is scheduled to make its debut in late 2013.
High Roller Fact Sheet
- The wheel structure will boast 3.5 million pounds of steel and 112 cables
- Each cable measures approximately 225 feet, for a combined total of 25,256 feet.
- Each cable has a breaking force equal to 550 tons (or the weight of
approximately 185 Hummer H2s)
- Each cabin weighs approximately 44,000 pounds and includes 300 square
feet of glass.
- The cabin windows are doubly curved and fabricated from four sheets of