Simplex have a wide range of hydraulic and mechanical jacks designed to fit a variety of applications. Their unsurpassed quality and proven ability to withstand even the toughest of environments have made Simplex an industry leader.
With safety a top priority for the brand, here are 9 easy steps to ensure you use your Simplex jack safely.
- Check that the jack and packaging are undamaged before use
- Ensure the jack is used only on a firm and level surface
- Distribute the weight of the load evenly across the jack. Do not load the jack off centre
- Check the head of the jack is in full, firm contact with the jacking point on the load.
- Lift and lower the load in small stages to reduce the risk of the load falling
- Do not raise the load higher than necessary, ensure it is kept within it’s limit of operation
- Never over extend the jack
- Never leave a load supported on jacks unless they are specifically designed for that purpose
- Always keep hands and toes clear, never reach under, work or climb on a load supported by jacks