The use of any winch presents some risk of personal injury or property damage. That risk is greatly increased if the proper instructions and warnings are not adhered too. Before using your winch, you must become thoroughly familiar with all warnings, instructions and recommendations.
- Do not operate your winch unless you are fully trained, physically fit and authorised to do so.
- Your winch may be fitted with various safety devices. Prior to using your winch please ensure you identify and become familiar with these devices, if any.
- Winches are not designed for, and should not be used for, lifting, supporting or transporting personnel. Never modify, re-rate or alter winching equipment.
- Do not use winch for vertical lifting unless utilising a designed application.
- Do not exceed maximum line pull ratings shown in individual winch specifications and requirements.
- Keep hands clear of rope and fair lead opening. Use appropriate gloves.
- Before every winch use, check gear box and free spool have a correct amount of grease.
Pacific Winches Pulling Guide
|Gradient||Level Surface||10% / 6 degree||20% / 11 degree||40% / 25 degree||60% / 31 degree||80% / 39 degree||Vertical 90 degree|
|Load Capacity (kg)|
|CWL200 & CWL200L||1500||800||600||400||320||280||200|
- Pacific hoist are rated for what they will vertical dead lift.
- Data specified above is based on the total load that may be pulled, single line, up the specified gradient. These are mathematical calculations and specified applications may vary.
- All above capacities have been reduced 15% to allow for minimum friction occurring in pull.
- This information should be used only as a guide. Each application will vary and must be assessed individually.
- Pacific Hoists takes no responsibility for incorrect assessment of winch suitability.